Friday, September 18, 2015

Paper Towns movie poster

Design Don't

My favorite author is John Green, so I was ecstatic when I found out they were making his books into movies. This past summer, Paper Towns was released in theaters. I kept up with all the news leading up to the movie release, and I have to say I was a little disappointed when they revealed the movie poster. It displays the two main characters' faces side by side, with Margo's hair blowing over Q's face. This takes up the majority of the space on the poster, with a light blue background above their heads and the movie information below. When I first saw this, I wasn't sure if it was the actual official movie poster. To me, it looked too plain and didn't reveal anything about what the movie was about. To be fair, the poster for The Fault in Our Stars (2014) was designed similarly, so in keeping with the theme of the previous film I can understand the choice, but I felt like there were other ways to go about it. I thought it could have displayed a road map in some way, since that is a major element of the story, or just have the framing adjusted. In my eyes, the design for this poster was a Design Don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment